When visiting Tasmania, Launceston is a great place to spend a week or two. Here we’ve highlighted some great destinations for you to visit while in Launceston, Northern Tasmania 7250.
- Cataract Gorge
- The Cataract Gorge is rated the number 1 tourist attraction for the City of Launceston. Featuring the natural beauty of the Gorge, The Swinging Suspension Bridge, and the world’s longest span Chairlift.
- You’ll also find some great walking and hiking trails where you can enjoy native flora and fauna. The peacocks are also a unique attraction and are reasonably friendly and if you’re lucky enough you’ll catch them showing their tail feathers in a spectacular display.
- The Gorge Restaurant and the Gorge Café are spectacular ways to relax, enjoy a meal and the spectacular views. An inclinator provides easy access to the gorge for young and old alike.
- Tamar Valley
- The oldest wine region in Tasmania is in the Tamar Valley with cellar door tastings a speciality. Expect to be pampered and delighted by your visit to the Valley.
- The Hillwood Berry Farm is a great place to visit with the whole family. You can pick your own berries, purchase some jam, quince, liqueur or wine or find some beauty and relaxation products to enjoy.
- For a unique and informative outing, Seahorse World is a great place to stop and experience the wonder of the Southern Ocean Aquarium; hold a seahorse in the palm of your hand!
- George Town is home of the the Old Watch House Museum, which is a perfect place to explore the history of the town.
- There are many, many more things to see and do in the Tamar Valley, we’ve just touched on a few here – go out and explore!
- Queen Victoria Museum and Art Gallery
- At the Museum (located at Inveresk) you’ll find Tasmanian history and natural science collections. The four main collections are “Visual Arts & Design”, Natural Sciences” “Physical Sciences”, and “History” Cited the best regional museum in Australia, it really is a great place to visit!
- Franklin House
- Franklin House is Launceston’s only “house museum” and can be explored at will. It was one of the Colony’s leading private schools from 1842 until 1866.
- Located in the suburb of Youngtown, Franklin House is only a few minutes drive from the CBD.
- York Park – Aurora Stadium
- With a capacity of 21000 people, Aurora Stadium commonly known as York Park is Hawthorn Football Club’s home away from home. As a world-class sporting and entertainment venue it has hosted many interstate events including Sir Elton John, Jimmy Barnes, the Crusty Demons and Super X to name a few. Located in the heart of Launceston, and host to New Year’s Eve Countdowns, York Park is an outstanding venue for a variety of events.
These are only a few of the many attractions that can be found in the Launceston Region. Other destinations include Tasmania Zoo, City Park, and many top quality hotels and restaurants in the area.
Aqua Fresh Carpet Care’s Community Pages- Servicing Launceston Area – Steam Cleaning Professional